Skip to main content

For Written Answer on : 25/05/2023
Question Number(s): 239 Question Reference(s): 25413/23
Department: Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth
Asked by: David Stanton T.D.


To ask the Minister for Children; Equality; Disability; Integration and Youth to outline the situations, if any, where childcare providers are required to hold a Public Services vehicle licence as part of the core funding contract with his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter.


Core Funding is a payment to Partner Services designed to support quality, sustainability, and enhanced public management, with associated conditions in relation to fee control and cost transparency, incorporating funding for administration and to support the employment of graduate staff.

There is no requirement under Core Funding to hold a Public Services Vehicle licence. The conditions of Core funding can be accessed here: Core Funding Partner Service Funding Agreement .