Cork East Fine Gael TD and Minister of State for Equality, Immigration & Integration, David Stanton, has announced that applications can now be made to the Office for the Promotion of Migrant Integration, under a new funding scheme National Funding to Promote the Integration of Immigrants.
“The target audience for potential proposals consists of Irish nationals, including persons of migrant origin, EEA nationals and non-EEA nationals with permission to remain in the State. The funding stream complements the Communities Integration Fund which I launched along with the Migrant Integration Strategy on 7 February”, noted Minister Stanton
“Subject to the availability of funds in my Department’s Vote it is expected that approximately €600,000 will be committed per year in this call over a maximum of three years. The minimum annual grant amount that can be applied for is €5,000 per year and grants may range up to €100,000+.
“This call will be open to applicants operating at regional and national level whereas the Communities Integration Fund is aimed at activities to be carried out by local community based groups. Applications for Funding will be granted for the following activities:
• Combating racism and xenophobia;
• Undertaking research on interculturalism and / or integration;
• Facilitating immigrants language schools to access employment and / or to integrate into their local communities;
• Increasing understanding between the host community and immigrants;
• Promoting the integration of vulnerable or socially-excluded immigrants; Introducing immigrants to the political system and encouraging them to vote;
• Providing training to public and private sector on equality and integration;
• Providing support for immigrants to access to services; immigration and citizenship
• Promoting integration in schools, youth sector and workplace;
• Promoting immigrant involvement in sport, volunteering and cultural activities
Applications must be made on the Funding Application Form which should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of 12 noon on 22 March 2017. Application forms and information are available at: